What I'm Wearing
Pearl Necklace (as headdress): Express (gift)
Pearl Bracelets: assorted
Chiffon Blouse: H&M ($7.50)
Denim Jeggings: H&M ($15)
Pink Linen Blazer: Chaps (old gift)
Brown Oxfords: Bass ($20)
I cannot express the extent of how much I dislike jeans. Jeans are the sweatpants of my closet. They really are. Ask any of my friends. If they see me in jeans, the first question they're likely to ask is if I'm okay.
But I have so many in my closet! *leaves desk to count* Well, 19 pairs can seem like a lot to one person and a little to another, but that is a lot to me! (And that is only counting denim denim. Colored denim not included!) Here are a few of my tricks to feeling not so bleh in jeans:
How To Dress Up Jeans
- Pair them with a lightweight blouse to add a feminine touch.
- Add a blazer. Creates a wonderful shape that you won't get wearing a t-shit alone.
- Statement shoes (and socks in this case) will always jazz up jeans!
- Two's company! Pair them with a denim top in a different contrasting wash.
- Accessorize! Let your jewelry, purse, scarf, etc. complete the look!
Now, pick up your closest pair of jeans and sing in Beyonce's voice:
"You gotta let me upgrade ya!"
Hey! An added bonus! I was featured in IFB's weekly Links A La Mode! Here they all are!
LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: OCTOBER 11TH
- A Minor Obsession: Baggy Leathers
- A&J’s Hairport: Spotlight – Solange’s Losing You Style Story
- Arash Mazinani: Introducing Street Style Icons
- Beyond Fabric: We Have It So Much Better
- Bon Vivant on a Budget: Closet Case // How To Wear The Grey Sweatshirt
- Chic & Cheap Living: Fashion Highlights of PFW SS13: No Pastels Here at Christian Dior, Lanvin
- Chocolate Laced: So, I Went Thrifting… And Did Some Major Damage
- Closet Coach: How To Create a Working Mom Mom Outfit
- Don’t Care Big Hair: The Clutch – Three Must Haves
- Dress Code High Fashion: Who Deserves to Sit Front Row?
- Fashezine: The Abscence of Color
- Ghazel Elhaei: DIY Pop Art Bag
- Inspirations & Celebrations: Frankie B & Interview With Daniella Clarke
- La Fille en Rose: Army of Me
- Mossypants: The Make Up Spill w/ Samantha of Could I Have That
- Nicole Kelly: Fashion Must Haves A-Z – Bangles
- Not Daydreams: How To Wear Faux Leather This Fall ft. Sararose Krenger
- The Curatorial: Dolce & Gabbana Earring Controversy
- The Simply Luxurious Life: Style Inspiration from PFW
- What 2 Wear Where: Madison Avenue’s Walk in the Park